Monday, August 18, 2008

Window 'Mistreatments'

So, I got this AWESOMELY awesome idea from my favorite decorating blog The Nesting Place. This woman is THE Queen of 'budget' decorating. I mean her house is beautiful, but when you lift the fabric, you find it's an old re-purposed dining room table. AMAZING. I NEVER would have known and now I'm on the hunt for an old, small, round dining room table LOL.

Anyway, so she has started this trend called Window Mistreatments. You take fabric and hang it with clips and make it into a curtain, really, it's genius and it doesn't cost and arm and a leg for beautiful curtains....

So, I 'mistreated' my windows last night with my hubby. I only took one picture so far because one of the windows we did is blocked by some ugly totes and the bedroom windows need one more panel (we ran out of fabric) and a different rod. DH tried to 'substitute' and it was a FAIL.

So here's the kitchen window! One of them, the other still needs to be done, the window over the sink needs to be done and the door to the back needs to be done, but we need more rods LOL....I have to be able to open and close them to help keep the heat OUT..

So what do you think?!

16 comments:

Angela said...

Fantastic job!

The Nester said...

what beautiful windows and the fabric looks great!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I think it looks great and I love the nice big windows you have in your kitchen!

~ Sarah

wendy said...

I like it :) Very creative and useful!

Nikola said...

Love the blue and yellow combo. looks great!

Bonita said...

Very pretty!

Lisa said...

Looks awesome! I'll have to try that, I sure can't sew any!

Jessica said...

They look great! Gotta love getting things like that done!

helmet hair 365 said...

They look great!

I think I'm going to try this on my windows. Or maybe make a "faux" headboard since I don't have a real one.

Ileana said...

I just recently started reading The Nesting Place, she does have great ideas! Your curtains look great!

twinkle teaches said...

Hey, that's cool!
Tina

FlipFlop Mom said...

BEAUTIFUL.... I need to spruce up my living room curtains.. I've had them since we moved in here for 8 years.... this is a good thing!!!

So Many Scraps said...

how cool! love them

Liz Harrell said...

This looks fabulous! I love the blue and yellow together. I have a blue bedroom and am thinking of paint the bath yellow.

Veronica K. said...

Lovely! I love repurposed stuff. I've been thinking about doing this. I just need to get some rings. Update please. You are worse than me. LOL

MaryMary86 said...

I like them a lot!